Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo, been crowned as Soccer King of the World...

C. Ronaldo had been given the prestigious Ballon D'Or Tuesday and also European Player of the Year. Speaking to the France Football website, Ronaldo said: ''It is one of the most beautiful days of my life. To gain this trophy is something I dreamed of as a child.
''Great emotion fills me but I cannot really describe it. I want to thank those who voted for me, those who know me and those who live with me. I was not worried, because I was aware of what I did in the course of the season.
''But to the people who mentioned my name, I say thank you. Thank you also to my team-mates. This (trophy) is one that I want to win again because it is so good. Therefore, I will wake and I will say to myself 'I want to be even better'.''
Ronaldo admitted he was proud to be taking the honour ahead of a host of world stars.
''I am only 23 years old and it is splendid, incredible,'' he continued. ''There were other great names this year. I see that Lionel Messi finished second and Fernando Torres third, but also (fifth-placed) Xavi ... all these people could have taken the trophy and I won it.'' Ronaldo scored 42 goals last seasons, but unfortunately had an operation that cause him to start this season late.


C.Ronaldo had been my favourite soccer player since he came to Man Utd. He won a lot of trophies and i`m proud of him. Glory,Glory Man Utd!... C.Ronaldo came first in the list (446 points), second, Lionel Messi ( 281 points), third, Fernandes Torres (179 points), fourth, Iker Cassilas (133 points) and fifth, Xavi Hernandes (97 points).


Ballon d'Or full results
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd), 446 points2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona), 281 pts3. Fernando Torres (Liverpool), 179 pts4. Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), 133 pts5. Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), 97 pts6. Andrei Arshavin (Zenit St Petersburg), 64 pts7. David Villa (Valencia), 55 pts8. Kaka (Milan), 31 pts9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Internazionale), 30 pts10 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), 28 pts11. Marcos Senna (Villarreal),16 pts12. Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), 12 pts13. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), 11 pts14. Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), 10 pts15. Frank Lampard (Chelsea), 8 pts16.Franck Ribery ( Bayern Munich), 7 pts17. Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona), 6 pts18. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), 5 pts19. Michael Ballack (Chelsea), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), 4 pts21. Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), 3 pts24. Edwin van der Sar (Man Utd), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), 2 ptsNo votes: Karim Benzema (France, Lyon), Pepe (Portugal, Real Madrid), Luca Toni (Italy, Bayern Munich), Rafael van der Vaart (Netherlands, Real Madrid), Yuri Zhirkov (Russia, CSKA Moscow).

* News adapted from www.soccernet.com and Star Newspaper

No comments: